Simplifying Spring Cleaning
Spring Cleaning doesn’t have to be a difficult task. It can be as large or as small of a project and you make it. Here are a few simple ways to kick-start and simplify your spring cleaning:
- Make a list and schedule: Write down everything you want to clean, tidy, or organize. You can choose to spend a whole day cleaning, or break it down in to smaller 30 minutes blocks to fit your schedule. Cross items off your list as you complete them for a sense of accomplishment and motivation.
- Outsource what you can: If you have the budget, outsource some cleaning projects to professionals. This could include carpet cleaning or window cleaning.
- DIY Professional cleaning: If you’re a do-it-yourself person you can rent easy-to-use cleaning equipment like a carpet steam cleaner. (Tip: leave your floors until last as dust and dirt can accumulate on the floors when your cleaning other areas).
- Pick 1 room: Start with a simple room, like a bedroom. Start by picking up the obvious clothes toys and loose objects, then move on to dusting shelves and other surfaces. While you’re cleaning, throw your bed linens in the wash!
- Bathrooms don’t have to be gross: Of course you can go all out and clean every square inch of your bathrooms. You’ll be surprised how much of a difference a clean toilet and sink can make. If you have time, give the tub and floors a good wash down with a cleaner or disinfectant.
While you’re cleaning you may find you need some help organizing all your stuff. Next Monday we’ll share a few tips for Dollar Store finds that can help organize your life!