Staying Organized (and Green) with Cloth Bags
It seems like almost every store is selling cloth shopping bags or totes. To encourage customers to use reusable cloth shopping bags, many stores have begun to charge you for plastic bags. To purchase a cloth bag will only set you back about $1 but they are priceless, if you know how to use them.
Here are 6 ways to get some good use out of cloth shopping bags:
1. For Groceries: This was is obvious. Keep a few in your car, just in case you pick up a few items on your way home.
2. For Picnics or Potlucks: It may be a bit too cold now for a picnic, but you can definitely carry your potluck goodies in a cloth shopping bag, that way they are separate from your non-food goodies and you don’t accidentally spill potato salad all over your photo album that you brought to share.
3. For Work/School Lunches: If the traditional lunch bags are not big enough, consider bringing your lunch in the cloth bags. They are easy to carry, and can handle larger lunch containers than some lunch bags can.
4. One For the Car: Consider having one on the floor in the back of your car. Use it to store items like car chargers, emergency snacks, or anything else you normally keep in your car. They’re great as snack holders for road-trips too! It’ll help keep your car a little more organized!
5. For the Kid’s Toys: Use these bags for your child’s toys or books. This way they can be easily transported to another room, or to another house when visiting friends and family. That way you’re kids always have their favourite toys with them, and a easy/portable way to store them.
6. For Storing Other Cloth Bags: If you have TONS of cloth bags, consider carefully folding the smaller ones and storing them inside the largest one. The next time you need a bag as your running out the door, you just have to grab and go.
Halloween is coming up in less than a month, you could also use the bags for their Halloween candy (make sure they don’t get too heavy and break if they bring home too much candy).
What do you use cloth shopping bags for?